Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Souper Douper Tomato Soup

If I ever owned a cafe, it would be a bakery/ soup shop and I would call it Souper Douper.

But I'm really posting because my mom wants my favorite tomato soup recipe, so here it is.

Cream of Tomato Soup

    • 1 quart tomatoes-peeled, seeded, and chopped
    • 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
    • 1/2 TBSP butter
    •  1/2 to 1 TBSP honey (depending on the sweetness of tomatoes, use the lesser amount for home grown summer tomatoes)
    • 1 TBSP onions, chopped
    •  1/8 tsp baking soda
    • 1/2 to 1 cup cream 
    • salt to taste 
  1.  Saute onions in butter with a little salt, until translucent.
  2. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, and soda.
  3. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
  4. Add cream to hot tomato mixture, and heat, careful not to let it boil.
  5. blend all or half of the soup depending on how smooth you like your soup, and serve with crunchy toasts.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds delcious. I think I will have to try this. I currently have lots of tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete